Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Teacher assaulting a 12 yr old


On May 21, 2015, my 12-year-old son was pinned against the wall by three other kids in band class. Two of the three kids have bullied my son on and off throughout the school year. Despite having a “safety plan” in place, the teacher did not do anything to stop the kids, which of course, upset my son. The safety plan allowed my son to have a “yellow card” to go see the principal whenever he needed to without teacher approval.
 
My son went to the office to speak with the principal whom "didn't have time" for him and sent him to the guidance office. The school counselor only had 10 free minutes to give my son before sending him on his way. While sitting at lunch with his two friends, a different teacher who witnessed the bullying in band, decided to break up the friends and make my son move. This upset him even more.
My son is a very emotional child. Because he showed that emotion, the teacher told him he would need to go to the office. My son wanted to call me and was told NO; so he went to his locker, got his jacket and was going to leave the school to come home to tell me what was happening.

A male teacher saw him trying to leave and stood in front of him. My son again asked to call me, and again he was told no. When the teacher refused to allow my son to leave he again tried to go around to go out the door at which point the teacher started to yell “Get help he’s biting me”. The secretary, principal and assistant principal all came running down the hall. When the teacher saw the principal, he finally moved and allowed my son to run out the door.

Then the principal called the police on my son, and filed a report stating my son was biting hitting and flailing his arms at the teacher to the point the teacher was not able to restrain him. The officer who found my son called me to let me know he was walking and was extremely upset. The officer asked me to leave work because my son wouldn't talk to him and refused to return to the school.
When I arrived, I witnessed my son balled up under a tree on the side of the road rocking back and forth and crying so hard he couldn't catch his breath. I walked up to my son asked what happened; he said, "That teacher put his hands on me". I was able to get my son to calm down, listen and go back to the school. The officer made my son get in the back of his car and I drove to the school and met them there. 
 
My husband met me at the school while I was waiting to speak with the principal and the teacher. We waited over 2o minutes during which time I lifted my son’s shirt and notice marks on his shoulder and back. He said, “They are from the teacher. “ Once in the principal’s office, my husband and I were told there was a video showing my son assaulted the teacher and they would be filing assault charges against him. Regardless of the marks on my son, the officer said he had no choice but to file the report and send it to the prosecutor. I asked several times to see the video the principal had mentioned, and was never allowed to see it.

As a punishment for the incident, my son was suspended for the remaining 9 days of school and sent home. Two days later, I received a letter in the mail that stated the principal recommended my son be expelled.
There was a hearing held between the Principal, Superintendent and my family. Before the hearing started, I asked if I could have a copy of the video and he said he'd be happy to give me a copy before we left. During the hearing, which was being recorded by both my husband and the Superintendent, the principal told her side of the story and again said she had proof in the form of a video that my son assaulted the teacher.

20 minutes into the hearing, the Superintendent came over kneeled down between my husband and I with his laptop to show us the video. Instead of seeing my son assaulting a teacher, we saw a violent scene of the teaching pushing and kicking my son. He flipped my 12 year old, 90lb son over his hip and slammed him to the ground. My son is a good child who gets good grades in school and has been on the honor roll more than once. The video did NOT show my son hitting biting or flailing his arms AT ALL....

During the hearing, it was stated, "This is the 1st time for the video to be seen"... Despite our attempts to receive a copy of the video, we were told we could not have it until after an attorney was consulted and then the prosecutor would have to approve us receiving a copy. I have called and left many messages for the prosecutor who has failed to contact me back. We still don’t have a copy of the video, and the police won’t even help.

We seem to be getting the run around as the officer’s story has changed multiple times and the schools version of what happened does not make sense. The HD video clearly shows the teacher assaulted my son, not the other way around, and no one wants to do anything about it.
Now we are being told we cannot get a copy of the video without a lawyer. We also can't fight the pending charges against my son or even file charges against the teacher, school, and police dept. without a lawyer. The adult teacher not only pushed, kicked and slammed my son to the ground so hard that he ended up on top of my son. We need to obtain a lawyer to get the help for my son and make those responsible pay for not doing their job, for falsely accusing my son, and for the hurt they caused my son in the process.

This school has a history of incidents like this. Bullying, and not allowing the victim to distance themselves from their attackers. He has not allowed my son to stand up for himself, and out of fear of getting in trouble, my son now allows the bullying to continue. My son does not deserve this. Please help us get a lawyer to see something is done. This school already lost a third grader to suicide from being bullied, and no one doing anything to help. I don't want my son to be next.

#TeacherAssault #HitByTeacher #TeacherBully #FundedJustice

For more information or to make a contribution please visit 


or 

No comments:

Post a Comment