Friday, December 1, 2017

Justice for Sherrod

My name is Mrs. Roxanna McGee and I want to share my story with you.  My husband Mr. Sherrod McGee was released from prison on October 16, 2017. I along with our children drove from San Antonio, Texas to Tipton Missouri where he was being released from prison to pick up my husband.  We had plans that once he was released from prison we would take a much needed family vacation to spend quality time together and start rebuilding our family bond.  We decided the best place to for our family vacation was in Branson, MO.  I researched and found the perfect resort Stillwaters Resort in Branson, MO worked hard to pay for our stay and have spending money to enjoy the shows and entertainment Branson had to offer. On Friday evening October 20, 2017 my husband and I were standing outside talking I was sitting in the driver’s seat of our car and our children were sitting inside the car. My husband was standing outside the driver’s side rear door.  When an officer rolled up stating they received a call of a suspicious person they immediately detained my husband and asked him for his information, my husband provided the officer with his name, DOB and SSN, and his ID. Once they ran his information he was cleared no warrants nothing. The officer then gathered my information I provided it as well and again was clear no warrants nothing. Still have my husband detained they separated us and started question each of us individually. Then the Indian Point Chief of Police asks who the rental car’s name was under I told him it was under my name, he then got his K9 dog to search the vehicle for drugs and of course no drugs were found.  I had passion marks on my neck 3 (hickies) and the officer asked if they were “love marks” I said yes.  Not once did they ask if we were residents at the resort.  The whole time they have my husband detained going back in forth questioning us for approximately 2 hours. The officer and the chief of police mistook the passion marks as abusive marks-detained my husband on suspicion of Domestic Assault 4th Degree-once my husband was in jail they charged him with Kidnapping 2nd Degree.  While the whole time my husband is asking Officer A. Robinson badge number 110 if he was being arrested and he was told no he was not.  No lawyers or Bonds Men will help because we are not from that town is what we are being told.  There were no photos taken of the “assault” that he was charged with.  My husband complied with law enforcement and they had absolutely no reason to detain him. This was supposed to be a family vacation to make memories to last a lifetime instead they ruined what was supposed to be a special time for my family.  These are charges that should not be, he should not be in jail, he is being wrongfully charged. They have the phone blocked to where he can't contact me, he was never given any paperwork to not contact me, no bonds man wants to provide services to bond him out because they are in communication with the jail. He is not getting a fair chance to fight outside that jail.  They are making it hard for him to be released any assistance in helping me and my family is greatly appreciated please I need help this is an injustice. Our family needs help no one is listening no one is helping us we need a good attorney in the state of Missouri this could happen to anyone this could be your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment