Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Please help Brian keep his son

Hi, my name is Brian and I am a proud father of an amazing 2 year old boy and an elementary educator.  Caring for children has always been my passion and I have dedicated my life's work to do just that. However, nothing makes me happier or more fulfilled than being a dad. From the first time that I held him in my arms and felt his tiny hand wrap around my finger, I was smitten
Unfortunately, his mother and I are no longer together.  It has always been my intention to remain as involved in his life as possible.  We had a verbal agreement, but as soon as we were no longer residing together she filed for full custody.  For the first two months of our separation, I was given no access to my child at all.  After that, I was granted only supervised visitation until a follow-up court date which ended up being over 4 months later.
I have been put through the ringer and without cause.  I was forced to be psychologically evaluated to prove I was a "fit parent", simply because her attorney requested, a task that I was required to pay for myself. I was scrutinized for several months by a guardian ad litem.  All things his mother was not required to do.  And because I will do ANYTHING to stay in my son's life, I found a way to pay for all of the thousands of dollars in fees and made it work.  Finally, in March 2017 it all paid off and I was granted equal rights.
Since then, his mother has continued to cause problems, and go so far as to poison my child against me.  Her and her family have spoken negatively about me in my child's presence frequently.   She constantly attempts to limit my access to him.  When I was 6 minutes late (due to getting stuck at work) to pick him up for my court ordered weekend with him, she drove off with him and refused to answer her phone.  She has threatened to take him out of town during my time with him, and has accused me of vandalizing her car as well as using "abusive language" for no other reason than to try to push her agenda.
The bottom line is no one is perfect, but I am a good father.  Any study you read will tell you that it's extremely important that a father remain in his child's life. I'm not asking for anything but what was already granted to me in court.  Unfortunately, I will have to return to court in order to ensure that these rights remain mine, and that's why I need your help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment