Monday, February 15, 2016

An Abuse Victim Needs her Family Back

I am a victim of domestic violence that has also been abused by the court system by my ex. It started with domestic violence for many years. I finally left but the threats continued. In September, he threatened to knock my teeth out. I attempted to press charges in Wilson county and was told no since nobody else heard it. I then attempted to get an order of protection and was approved for the temporary, but was told although the relationship was toxic that the abuse didn't warrant an official OP.
Fast track to November my ex was arrested for stalking. I attempted to get another order of protection, but was told "I appeared too smart to have stayed in an abusive relationship so long". I mean of all people judges should know better the dynamic of these relationships. To make it better my ex used the legal system to get a temporary restraining order on me including my son. Therefore, I haven't seen my baby in 5 months. I have always been the primary custodian of both my children so there's no reason I shouldn't see my son, much less have any calls or visitation.
Also, due to my ex taking my vehicle and I lost my job in September. I do not have the funds for a lawyer to fight this. I have reached out to everyone. I have asked for help. Legal aid can't help me because we weren't married. This should be investigated as well as the lack of resources for domestic violence victims. We should not still suffer from the hand of our abusers in court due to lack of help.
I'm begging for help. Thanks so much!
For more information please click here or visit www.fundedjustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment