Monday, January 25, 2016

Muscle Balm Purchased #WholeFoods Triggers Arrest

To get an idea of the kind of people Danny and I are please see our WorkAway Profile as well as Danny's website. - Also here is the product Danny was arrested for which I believe carries the legal limit of 10 parts per million THC - Hot Hemp Muslce Rub
My partner Danny and I (Kevin) have been traveling nomads since Nov 2014. We visited the sacred Mayan sites of the Yucatan, MX came home to New Jersey for the holidays and then were on the road again. We set out for Washingston state where Daniel attended Acutonics training in the San Juan islands and then continued to visit friends in California. As for myself, I will be attending permaculture training and part of the cross country trip was to get a feel for some of the states/communities, cost of living etc so we could eventually start a permaculture homestead. We decided on Asheville, NC and that was our final destination.
We had just finished a amazing tour of Earthship Biotecture in Taos, NM and were on our way to Oklahoma City, OK for the night before continuing to Asheville. I was driving and pulled over in Dalhart, TX for supposedly doing 93mph in a 85mph zone (It's not a justification but it was the interstate and everyone was speeding). Even though I gave over all of my documentation to the police officer, the attention of the officers quickly shifted to Danny who apparently had a marijuana issue from 2012 on his record (which was expunged and seemingly irrelvent). 
Because of Jon's apparent nervousness he was asked to step out of the vehicle and was questioned and I was eventually asked to do the same. When asked, I refused for my vehicle to be searched. There were 3 police vehicles present and 3 officers at this time as we stood outside in the cold. You can imagine the nervous energy in the air. A officer stated that a police dog would be on it's way since I did not give consent and if the dog barked signaling something was in the vehicle they would conduct a search. I was being respecful but this is where I got aggravated as we were now being illegally detained without cause.
We waited in the freezing cold outside of my car for about 30 additional minutes. The dog eventually showed up, circled the vehicle and barked once signaling to the officers something was in the vehicle. The officers then searched the vehicle, found nothing but a empty vaporizer (belonging to me) and 2 tubes of some kind of pain reliving balm/rub similar to Bengay (belonging to Danny) which *may* have had either a small amount (I believe less than 0.10%) of THC or CBD listed as a ingredient. This balm was purchased at a Whole Food so I don't believe it contained ANY illegal substance. Jon explained all this but they refused to listen and instead of being men and letting us go determined the 2 tiny pain rubs needed to be tested and it was not for them to determine the contents.
Danny was then arrested last night and now sits in Dalhart, County Jail with bail set at $20,000. I was given a citation for the vaporizer + speeding violation. 
We are tapped out from our savings and what we have left is for our relocation/housing expenses in Asheville. Please help us raise the funds needed to get Danny our of jail and a lawyer higher to filed a civil suit against these officers. I have already received two consultations where the lawyers stated based on just this information the officers acted wrongly in a number of ways and the arrest was unlawful.
I will be posting a video shortly but wanted to get this up as soon as possible.
Thanks and blessing friends! 
For more information please click here or visit www.fundedjustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment