Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fighting Back against Abuse/Bullying

June 11th, 2015 @ 1:35 pm, Pastor David McGee posted on Facebook that he was disfellowshipping myself and three other people.  The link to that site: McGee's Facebook page
David McGee has deleted many of the comments from that page as they did not agree with him and didn't attend his church.  He stated that he is standing behind Matthew 18:15-18; and God and the Bible told him to shun us and call us out over social media.
I have NEVER spoken to him personally before he posted this to Facebook.  He did have his assisting pastors address the congregation through internet live stream several times repeating these allegations and called for us to repent so this could all go away. Video proof is available and can be shared if needed.  
No one from there has contacted us to find out what is going on, nor have they tried to reach out.  Fox 8 News run a short clip of the story and he declined to comment, his reasons are listed under the comments on his Facebook page.  
David McGee was sending private Facebook messages to a woman from his church beginning May 31st; telling her that the people she was associating with were liars, divisive, and were talking about him, his wife and his ministry.  He continued sending her messages up until June 13th.  He started speaking ill of us before he posted on Facebook, while we had no idea what he was doing until after it happened. The woman he was texting has shared those text with us in hopes that it will help shed light on what he was doing. David McGee did not meet with us, and we tried several times to meet to no avail; yet he took it upon himself to reach out to a woman and spout those things to her. Here are those text shared with her permission:
David McGee 5/31, 2:28pm Jayne. We love you, we are concerned. You just aren’t talking to Nora? To sweet Nora, who has been your friend? Remember her? We who never hurt you and were always asking about you and checking on you. Especially when we traveled. If you follow these people, who are spouting lies and hatred, causing division, you will end up in a bad place. I have seen it over and over. It’s your choice but it will end up bad. Nora has poured into you, prayed for you, sat with you,traveled with you, loved you and defended you. You have really hurt my feelings, but it is really hurting Nora. Why would you do that to her? That’s not love at all. If you just leave, after all she has done, that is just wrong and hateful. But look at who you may be following, they are being wrong and hateful so you may already be looking and acting like they do. I hope I am wrong about this.
J********5/31, 3:00pm thumbs up icon
David McGee 5/31, 3:01pm What does that mean? Nora is concerned about you.
J********5/31, 3:04pm I hit it by accident reading. I’m fine and I certainly don’t
want anybody’s feelings to be hurt. I love both.
David McGee 5/31, 3:22pm You should have thought of that before you disappeared without saying anything. That’s the fruit of that decision.
David McGee 5/31, 3:32pm You are with people who are lying and being hateful toward me and Nora. If that’s your choice, it is the wrong one, the wrong choice. Prov 3:3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart.
J********6/3, 10:41am I was at church Sunday before last and Thursday night so I didn’t leave. After reading this, your response, praying and looking to God I probably won’t be there now.
David McGee 6/3, 10:58am Nora thinks you are precious. We have traveled so many places together. I wrote on her behalf because her feelings were hurt. You can hurt me but to see her cry tears me up. You are hanging out with people who have said hateful lies about me, Nora and this ministry and you expect me not to be hurt? If you leave, don’t blame your leaving on me. I had to warn you. This will not go well. I have seen it over and over. I reached out to you. You should write Nora.
David McGee 6/3, 10:59am The bible tells me to warn people about divisive people. You have been warned. I came to you because Nora and I were hurt and concerned. If I didn’t clearly communicate that, I’m sorry. If you leave, do what’s right and talk to Nora. Call her. The way she has called you and talked to you so many, many times.
David McGee 6/3, 11:05am Maybe you will find someone that loves you as much as Nora. Jayne, I really doubt it, I really doubt it. These folks are taking delight in hurting Nora that you say you love? Your actions, your companions do not speak love to her. That’s wrong Jayne for you to hang out with those folks. You know it. Pray for them but don’t join them. You join yourself to something hateful, judgmental, legalistic and lying.
David McGee 6/3, 11:06am Again call Nora. You owe her that. And don’t leave a message, talk to her.
David McGee 6/3, 11:12am You do know how very much she loves you right? She brags on you and your memory verses. She cried that you weren’t there to keep your memory verses going. If I was too emotional or too much, I am sorry. I had to write you to let you know what you are doing to her with you not being there. June 5
David McGee 6/5, 1:17pm Hey Jayne, Rereading everything, I got too upset over you and Nora. I am sorry and ask you to please forgive me. I love you, we love you.
J********6/5, 6:39pm Thank you and I don’t want anyone to be upset. I don’t know what to think about a lot of things right now. I love you too
David McGee 6/6, 10:02am Thank you for forgiving, that is Godly. Take those things confusing you to Jesus, pray about it all. He is the only person that will never mislead or confuse you. Often God speaks to us through other people and I hope our teachings have shown you this, but you must test what is said to you based on your understanding of God and the Bible and not let anyone distract you from seeking God, His Will and His purpose. We are praying for you right now, you are deeply loved and we only want God’s very best for you.
David McGee 6/11, 11:24pm We did meet with them. They met with pastor JG****, DA and others who pleaded with them to stop being divisive, her in particular. Then they called the news. You would do well to read Leighann’s post about the situation.
Our daughter was bullied by one of the members from the church and the pastor called it discernment on the woman's part and agreed with her.  That is when I could no longer sit back and just take him doing this any longer.
I am asking for your help to stand up to this man.  He has many people following him who and we are standing alone against this corporation.  Please help us stand up and let him know that what he has done is wrong and no one should be treated this way.
We are unable to live like we did before this went up on Facebook, out to his congregation several times and aired over the internet life stream to people all over the country.  I have lost work and my kids have been uprooted.  
This is not the way people are suppose to act. We have a few friends who are standing with us.  They know us and know that we didn't do the things we are accused of, and that our children are hurting because of this man's actions.
I am available to answer any questions you may have.  Please consider helping us stand up for our rights, regain our lives and protect our children.
We have set our goal and believe with help that it can be reached.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider helping our family to get the truth out there about what has happened.  
This is abuse of power and bullying, and no one should have to suffer at the hands of one man, who spreads rumors, lies and targets others for his own agenda.
For more information on this campaign please click here
or

No comments:

Post a Comment