Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Help save my home amidst a divorce

My husband and I are divorcing. We had always said if it ever came down to it, we would be adults about it and he wouldn't try to fight. We would be civil and agree to terms without the help of lawyers.

I am now being faced with the possibility of having to sell a home that has been in my family since the early 1960s. My mother was raised in it, I was raised in it, and I am raising 2 daughters in it. The house is deeded in my name, but I will need legal help to make sure that I keep my home.
 My future ex-husband also gave me the ultimatum of giving him my minivan in lieu of fighting me over my home. The minivan is also solely in my name. However, since both the house and the van were acquired while we were married, I am not sure how the court will rule. 
Our first meeting to determine visitation is at the end of August. I would really like to have a lawyer on retainer ASAP. Just to make sure everything is as it should be. I cannot afford to give my husband my vehicle. It is my only source of transportation to get my daughters to daycare, and myself to work Monday through Friday. 
I want to thank each and every one of you that share this and help with the fundraising.
For more information on this campaign please click here
OR

No comments:

Post a Comment