Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Dr Jeff Cooney's Legal Fees - Show him some love!

Hello!
I'm Margaret Lewis. As a Bend Oregon resident I have known veterinarian Jeff Cooney for the last seven years. I'm asking for you to join me in helping Dr Cooney pay for legal fees incurred when his beloved High Desert Wildlife Rescue fell apart.
Jeff suffered a series of three strokes in early 2016 that left him unable to fulfill his role at the rescue while he was hospitalized and going through rehabilitation. During the time Jeff was away, his wildlife rescue came under scrutiny because of irresponsible actions by his (then) partner and Jeff's inability to perform his duties of caring for the animals.
Charges were brought against Dr Cooney and his (then) partner. He is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday October 18th. The total of his legal fees is as yet unknown.
Dr Cooney has served our community for years, passionately caring for injured wildlife and educating the public about the native creatures around us. 
This has been a difficult battle. I believe our community should repay Jeff for his selfless unpaid service to us. Please give what you can - no amount is too small! Also I ask that you join me in praying that justice is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment