Friday, September 4, 2015

Help Grandma Save 2 Amazing Grandkids from Mothers Abuse of Pot Laws

I have been my grandchildren’s primary care giver most of their lives, providing 90% of their support. I have had them with me about the same percentage of time. Mom has always had an issue with pot even before it became legal. My grandchildren are 7 & 3, and were both born with pot in their system, causing a DHS investigation, not once but twice. DHS issued a safety plan giving me the right to take the kids anytime one of the parents was not sober from any substance. The parents have never been sober, and I had them so frequently it was easy to keep a close eye on them.
Four years ago, I had to constantly remove a pipe filled with pot from the hands of my then three-year-old grandchild. My daughter’s house often had a thick cloud of pot smoke lingering even when the children were home. The children’s mother decided to move into the country with her boyfriend who also smokes pot heavily. With their move, I would no longer be able to protect the children.
The seven-year-old longs for a stable and nurturing home and has expressed that she wants to live with me due to the issues with pot lying around. Before my daughter moved, I was documenting the issue by taking pictures of her pipe lying on the sofa in plain sight, every day. One day I happened to catch my three-year-old grandson grab her pipe full of pot and lick it like a sucker because it was laying right beside his toy on the couch.
My daughter is also guilty of animal neglect. She would often leave her dog for days without food and water forcing me to sneak in to feed her. In my opinion if you can’t take care of an innocent animal, how can you try to take care of children? 
I have an uphill battle in front of me as grandparents have very little rights. I need to get custody of my grandchildren and all of the family attorneys require a huge retainer. Legal aid won’t help me and I need help. The new legalized pot laws were not thought out well enough in a situation like this where children are concerned. I am rapidly running out of time. Any donation would be appreciated. Thank you. 
For more information please click here or visit www.FundedJustice.com
A grandmother needs your help to protect her grandkids #GranparentsRights #FundedJustice

No comments:

Post a Comment