Monday, December 14, 2015

Help Me Get Sole Custody to Protect My Daughter

I was with my ex husband for 14 years.  He started cheating on me with in the first two years of us being together.  He built up charges on our phone bill for phone sex, had relationships with coworkers and neighbors as well as many many online relationships.  I tried to leave him multiple times, but he threatened to commit suicide each time.  Being young and naive, I did not realize I could call the police and ask for him to be placed in protective custody.  Each time he cheated on me he would apologize and promise to be better and never do it again.  During this time he also contributed to my financial ruin by not paying bills that he made me place all in my name.  We struggled, had our utilites turned off and were even threatened with eviction at multiple points, but he always found money to buy games, fancy dinners for himself and money to go out drinking alone with his friends.  In 2006 I found out I was pregnant with out daughter who is the light of my life.  We were married in 2007 when she was 6 months old, again with the promises that he would do better and be faithful.
Then his more violent side started to come out.  He punched holes through doors while I tried to protect my daughter in our bedroom.  He punched holes in walls and threw me around the room.  He continued to cheat on me.  Then he became abusive to our daughter- spanking her so hard she stopped breathing when she was three and leaving bruises on her backside.  I started getting ready for us to leave and our divorce was finalized this summer.  Currently we share custody 50/50 and he hasn't been abusive to our daughter in a long time.  Since we live in a small town now with a lot of family- there is a lot of oversight in her care which is great.
However, he has lost 5 jobs in the course of 2 years.  He is currently unemployed and feels there is no way he will get a job here.  He is on unemployment that will run out in a few months.  He has not been paying the money he owes me for our daughters medical bills, but still subscribes to cable television (so you can see where his priorities are).  Now he is talking about moving out of state and taking our daughter with him.
He has been diagnosed with a borderline sociopathic personality disorder.  He is severely depressed and threatens to commit suicide regularly.  He is emotionally and financially unstable.  I buy all of our daughters school supplies, clothes, medications.  I take her to the doctor and provide health insurance through my job which I have had for two and a half years since we moved to town.
I have secured legal representation to request sole custody so I can provide a safe and secure environment for my daughter.  However due to the debt that I have left over from my time with my ex husband, I live paycheck to paycheck.  My lawyer is only making me pay his minimum retainer and will not charge me more no matter how long the custody battle takes which is amazing- but I simply don't have the money for this battle.
I would and will do anything to protect my daughter.  If I thought that I was not the best home for her, I would let her stay with him, but with all of his current issues and past behaviors I simply don't believe that him having custody is in her best interest.
I know there are so many people out there that need help.  I would greatly appreciate any donations to my campaign and when things are better I will reciprocate to others to pay it forward.  Please help me protect my daughter.
For more information please click here or visit www.FundedJustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment