Monday, December 28, 2015

Justice For Kittie: Being Put Through the Wringer By Wealthy Former Client

I have owned my own QuickBooks-based business for the last 20 years, working successfully as a bookkeeper and QuickBooks consultant. I have set up both small and large businesses alike with everything from the very basics for accounting to much larger scale inventory management integrations. I am an accomplished QuickBooks representative, in regards the high level of training I've accomplished and maintained throughout the years, and between that and my in-the-field experiences find myself to be a reliable source of knowledge for the setup and use of QuickBooks software.
Two years ago, I took on a project with a company and hit roadblock after roadblock with their staff not wanting to switch from their archaic system to a new software application for their financials.  I have tons of paperwork that I now see will be useful as evidence that I trained their entire staff and gave detailed instructions of what was to be due next in order to complete the project.  The Accounts Receivable staff and the Sales Reps were the biggest obstacle all the way through to the end when this large, wealthy corporation emailed me to stop all work on the project that was just 5 small steps away from completion.  I attempted to negotiate with them, even volunteering to help the Accounts Receivable staff to complete their portion so that I could complete mine.  I could not 'push the Go button' without having their staff completes their tasks.
Of all the years I have been in business, I have never had any experience even remotely similar to this one.  One of my clients, a wealthy company from Hawaii, made a decision to attempt to shut my business down & they are suing me with a request for a jury trial.  My Business is asking for $3,000.00 to 6,000.00 at this time. They are saying they are not satisfied with my services even though I trained & shared all my skills with all the employees of this company multiple times and even included printed instructions with visuals for them to keep on hand for reference.  Keep in mind, this large corporation is not suing the two other male owned companies that they signed contracts with, even though within the letters they have sent me they complain about those companies intensely.
The court paperwork does not even show a dollar figure they are suing me for, the documents just say, "to be determined at trial".  Yes, they have taking it out of small claims and have demanded a jury trial.
The attorney they have hired is the very best on this island.  I have been told by 5 of the 17 attorneys I reached out to that he is a pit bull that enjoys soaking up his client's monies and that I should not speak to him without representation, let alone go to trial without representation.
This wealthy corporation will be shutting my business down if I am not able to come up with representation.  This is an unjust and I don't have a choice but to fight back to the best of my ability.
We are creating poster boards to explain to the jury and judge what each software handles and we are putting together 3 to 4 poster boards with a timeline on them showing when I trained them and when I asked them to start using the new software so that I could complete my end of the project.  My completion of the project is sincerely their staff's failure to complete the tasks assigned to them on January 3, 2015.
This corporation takes no accountability for anything within the company.  I have never worked with such a dysfunctional company in all of my 20 years and over 700+ clients and dozens of industries.
Kindly help me by donating today, as much as you can, so that I can go up against this wealthy corporation, win this case, prove that I, even as a small, woman owned business here in the U.S. is here to stay, and won't be bullied by large corporations looking for a scapegoat outside of their own staff. 
In advance, I want to say thank you for reading my story and thank you if you are able to donate any amount to help me.
For more information please click here or visit www.FundedJustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment