Monday, December 28, 2015

Landlord Harassment

I moved into my apartment in April 2014.  It's a triplex in a lovely peaceful neighborhood and I live in the lowest level.  Since May 2015, the neighbors above me have been making loud noises and banging on their floor, which scared my seven-year-old daughter and woke her up on several occasions.  I started raising this issue with my property owners since then.
Since I started complaining about the noise, my electricity was turned off twice, my laundry was interfered with, and my property owners have tried to evict me.  The first time was unsuccessful.  The current eviction notice is what I am defending against and will win as I have the evidence to support the inaccuracy of the accusations.
Unrelated to the noise complaints, the heat in my apartment was interfered with, and the property owner confirmed that the tenants above me were responsible for this.
The latest eviction notice was filed immediately after I requested my property owners to install a peep hold and deadbolt lock on my apartment door, for safety and security.
I've tried multiple times to speak with my property owner to understand how we can work together to move forward, but they don't seem to want to.
I am looking to file a claim against them for harassment, in the hopes that a judge can order them to stop harassing me.

I have been advised by many different people to move out of this apartment.  I fully intend to and am constantly looking for a place in this area (aside from my property owners, it is extremely peaceful here), but I mentor youth about bullying and how to stand up against it.  I feel as though I'm being bullied and I don't want anyone else to deal with this, ever!
For more information please click here or visit FundedJustice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment