Friday, November 6, 2015

Defending Locally Grown

About a year and a half ago, neighbors wanting to development their land and unhappy with what a farm such as ours might do to their development plan; sued our farm.   Knowing they would be unable to sue the farm directly (The farm operates completely legally) they attempted to sue under various title and land use grievances.   They lost miserably and the case was dismissed with prejudice.  However, they have decided to sue again, under the some complaints and grievances, mainly (I presume) to drive us out of business with excessive legal costs.  My legal team is confident it will be dismissed quickly, but has explained much of the same work and costs as the last time will come into play.  Needless to say I don't have another 10K to spend on this.
There is a small chance I can pay back the funders of project, as my legal team will most likely file a motion to sanction against the plaintiffs for ignoring the first dismissal.  If that is successful, I understand some or all of my legal fees will be awarded as compensation.  Collecting form, these bitter, angry neighbors will be a different matter of course. 
Thank you so much for listening, and lets stand up for locally grown and locally sourced agricultural products!
for more information please click here or visit www.FundedJustice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment