Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Up against unreasonable property owner

Hello, my name is Tammy Ivey, My family & I work with abused & neglected horses & abused & neglected humans.
My husband is a 26yr Military vet; my son is a 2yr vet neither of them can work so we try our best by renting small barn for horses that in need of help. That owner entrusts us to help turn around their horses by careful handling & calmness. This in turns help my husband, my son, my daughter & I deal with life stress. While doing this we also allow other people to come in to the barn & work with our horses.
We rented this small barn including 13 stalls, starting June 1 2014, we thought things were going to go really well but on July 2 (just shy of a month of renting this barn), our property owner started to show his true colors. He did not fix the roof as promised in the contract, scaring customers & boarders away. He was arrested on site for chasing his girlfriend in his truck through the field with horses in it. Then he demanded more money, & demanding that if we did not pay we would be evicted.
The first attorney we hired did not know anything about property owner/tenant laws or RCWs dealing with farm lands. They referred us to another lawyer who is great and we love him, but we cannot afford him. He has so far gotten us a restraining order against the property owner but we still need this roof fixed, & maybe being paid back for the people he scared off.
Any help would be great full.
For more information please click here or visit www.fundedjustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment