Monday, November 23, 2015

Help Active duty Air Force Remain in the Air Force

My name is Jordan Lewis and I have served the last 4 years of my life in the United States Air Force. It has had its ups and downs, just like any job does but I have loved every moment serving the country. Not only has it given me a sense of pride and purpose, as I am following the footsteps of my elders, but also given me the best opportunity to raise my family (wife & 3 year old daughter).
In 2012, I made a bad decision that led to me being arrested February 2015 and convicted of a misdemeanor August 2015. Not a violent crime, no priors, first run in with the law ever in my life. I took my conviction to my Commander who saw that it was three years ago and knew that I was not the same person at all but still had to initiate a discharge. I was given the bait and switch by my Commander when he told me that with the discharge he would recommend Probation and Rehabilitation for my outstanding performances following the 2012 incident but two days later changed his mind and I would actually be getting an other than honorable discharge. Which allows me to go in front of a separation board and plead my case to stay in. This crushed my wife and I, as serving in the Air Force was my dream but also gave us little hope at a board.
After taking all this information to the military lawyers on base they were uneasy on fighting for what I wanted, which was ultimately to stay in the Air Force. Therefore, I have decided to get a civilian lawyer who specializes in separation boards to fight for me. The only problem is the financial burden I have due to hiring the lawyer in February 2012 has hindered me. I hope and pray that someone reads this and finds it in their heart to help an Airman and his family remain in the Air force. Anything helps, share my story, and if you have in questions feel free to ask.
God Bless and Thank you
 -The Lewis Family
For more information please click here or visit www.fundedjustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment