Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Help me keep fighting for my daughter

“I will protect you until you are grown and then I will let you fly free, but loving you, that is for always.” —Charlotte Gray
I can't imagine losing custody of my daughter. I'm not even sure how losing custody even became a possibility, but it is. I have been my daughters primary caretaker her entire 3 years of existence, so I never ever thought she could ever be taken from me.
I'm in the midst of a terrible multi-state divorce. The state where the case was filed first does not have jurisdiction as the residency requirement was not met. However, when legal maneuvering occurs and loopholes are utilized, people get hurt and attorney fees skyrocket. And when people make allegations regarding your mental stability, it gets the judges attention and not in a favorable way.  
To make a very long, painful, and expensive story short, I may lose my daughter because false allegations were made about me. I'm a school psychologist who works with elementary aged children, there is no way I'd ever have my job if I didn't care very deeply about the health and well being of all children let alone my own daughter.  
I've racked up $88,000 in attorney's fees fighting these allegations. When a judge has formed a opinion of you, it's very hard to change that even when there is no evidence to support the allegations  I'm learning all of this the least cost effective way possible  
I'm asking for help, for help in getting justice, for help in having my rights as a human being be recognized. I cannot lose my daughter because I've run out of money and the person who filed this case and alleges these things has not run out of money. 
Please visit Funded Justice or click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment