Monday, September 26, 2016

Life Jacket Needed to Stay Afloat Financially

My husband asked for a divorce in April of 2015 while he was out of town working for eleven months.  While he enjoyed a care free life, living off of per diem and enjoying the southern coast, I remained at home and took care of the house. He has dragged out the legal proceedings for 16 months  by ignoring repeated requests for information  All the while running up my legal fees  
I retained counsel at a discounted rate through my employer, but even with the discount, my legal fees have surpassed $7,500. I know that doesn't sound like that much, but when my annual income is just under $30,000/year, that is a substantial bill.  His annual income is approximately $85,000/year 
I assisted my attorney in researching my case and saved approximately half of what her fees would have been if she had to do all of the research herself.  She constantly thanked me for my assistance and commented how I should really have a job doing research. 
I live in a small town with limited employment opportunities. I am constantly looking to better my financial situation by researching and applying for telecommuting / telework openings throughout the United States and Canada. 
Thank you for taking the time to read about my situation. 
For more information please click here or visit Funded Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment