Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Legal Support

My name is Colleen Diffie and my husband, Devon Diffie, and I have been married for almost two years. We have known each other since high school and he truly is my best friend and my other half. We make each other better people and would give the world for each other. I am 24 years old and am an Aggie class of 2014, with a B.S. Degree, and he is 23. He has been in the Marine Corps for the past 4 and a half years and is currently taking college courses online to obtain his Bachelor's degree. He would like to continue in both of these as well as start a family soon, but, as it pains me to say, we need help.

My husband is being accused of a heinous act that, if we lose in court, could end everything for us. He would have to say goodbye to his job, his schooling, friends, family,  starting a family of our own, and potentially ruin our marriage and every day life as we know it. He is innocent and anyone who knows us knows that he would never do such a thing. 

So that is why I am setting this up and asking for your help. This campaign is to help pay for the  legal fees that we are about to face, such as our lawyers, to make sure that we come out on top and that this doesn't put an end to his career or our relationship and ultimatley the end of his normal life. The price is steep, about $20,000 - 30,000 (I could not edit the original goal after we learned the lower price, my apologies), but it is nothing if it means keeping my husband and having normal lives and him having a career. Anything donated is appreciated more than words can express and all the funds will go to pay directly for all the legal fees that are to come. 

We have been advised by civilian counsel to not discuss the accusations brought upon him but just know that he is not guilty. Never in a million years would my husband do anything to jeopardize his carrer or his life. My husband has spent his time during the Marine Corps trying to better himself and his career not only in the military but professionally as well. He is currently taking online college courses and is pursuing a B.S. in IT -Security.  He is also trying to do a Lateral Move into another job in the Marine Corps that better fits what he is capable of and wanting to pursue, and is trying to reenlist. If we don't win this case, that could all be thrown away. 

The point I am making is he has a life ahead of him and we have a life together, a happy marriage and we want to start a family soon, and he wants to be somebody as well as support his family and friends, but with these current accusations that could all be stripped away from him and everything could be taken. I could lose my husband and he could lose his career and any hope of a normal life.

A man that has served his country honorably, is now being persecuted for something he didn't do and it could potentially have everything he has worked so hard for, including his family, taken away from him and that is absolutely absurd and wrong. So please, even if it is only $5 dollars, we ask for your help. I cannot express how much it would mean to the both of us and our futures together. 

Every penny helps and every single bit that we receive will be paying for the legal fees. Lawyer transportation, pretrial and trial hearings, and anything else that may surface in regards to getting my husband the best that he deserves. For us, for his career, and for his life. 

This absolutely means the world to me and my husband. My Marine, my support, my best friend. I cannot thank you enough.

Please visit Funded Justice or click here for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment