Monday, August 31, 2015

A Mother's Battle

Hi friends and family. I need your help. I am fighting for my rights as a mother and after exhausting every option to do so outside of the courts, I have decided to humbly ask for help.
I have hesitated to resort to asking for money but without assistance, I am without options.
My daughter's father has primary residence of our child. We live in two separate states, 6 hours apart from one another.
We have a very basic custody agreement that he does not follow. As a result, the strong bond that my daughter and I have is slowly and steadily weakening. I am not as involved in her life as a mother should be due to her father's lack of attention to our agreement. In addition to not abiding by the agreement, the father has refused to communicate with me entirely and has missed a number of scheduled visits that I have had to see my daughter without providing reasonable cause.                
To protect the privacy of my family, I will refrain from sharing additional specific details; however, I may choose to provide more information to those who request it.
I seek to do three specific things:
1) File a foreign judgement.
Because the case was decided in Connecticut, and I now reside in Colorado (as both my daughter and I did when the case was decided) and the father (and now my daughter) resides in Utah, I must request that jurisdiction be changed to Utah.
2) File an order to show cause.
The purpose of this is to illustrate to the state of Utah the specifics of our case and the ways in which the agreement has not been followed. It is a fancy way of saying "Here are the ways the custody agreement has not been followed".
3) Modify the agreement.
I intend on gaining primary residence with my daughter in Colorado. She attended school here for a year when we moved here in 2013. She has made incredible friends and we live in a small community that is in many ways like a giant family. I have shown that I am more than capable of maintaining the bond between my daughter and her father, as well as keeping him informed of her activities, healthcare requirements, and overall well-being.

Here are the anticipated costs of this endeavor:
$3,500.00 retainer fee for lawyer
$6,000.00 custody evaluation
$2,000.00 court related travel expenses

It is an expensive process and this is why I am asking for help. I cannot do this on my own.

Hiring a lawyer will ensure:
-Paperwork is filed correctly the first time thereby preventing additional financial burden and loss on my part.
-I am represented in court without having to be there each and every time a filing is made, or needs to be approved by a judge
-that I can miss as little work as possible, ensuring that I maintain my livelihood, thereby remaining able to support myself and my daughter
-that a legally educated individual will be available to help me navigate complicated legal terms and procedures
 A custody evaluation will:
-entail a psychologist evaluating father, mother and child
-provide valuable information regarding the emotional stability of each parent and how if affects our daughter's well-being and the ability to foster a connection with the other parent
-serve to support my claims and reasons for why my daughter should reside with me primarily
Travel expenses will cover the cost in the cases that I will need to be present in the courtroom. Because we are 6 hours away from each other, I will need to travel 12 hours round trip, require a hotel room to stay in, and additional funds to cover lost wages I will endure when I am required to take time off from work.

Love to you all,


Heather      
For more information, please click here A Mother Needs Your Help! #MothersBattle #FundedJustice or visit www.FundedJustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment