Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Kelly's Reverse Discrimination Suit

Recently, I was hired as the Chief of Police for the Town of Plymouth, North Carolina. Part of bringing me in to the town was to address issues related to race and to repair a police department that was embroiled in corruption. I had begun to uncover some of the unscrupulous activities from the department and had reviewed several previous investigations. 
After only three weeks on the job, the Town Council, under pressure from a group of African American citizens and the local NAACP, I was asked to resign. Initially this came when the Town Manager contacted me and asked for my resignation. When I asked why, she told me the Town wanted there own person. When I asked who that was she told me they wanted a black Chief of Police. I refused to resign and reminded her that she hired me to address and correct issues of race in the community and to bring high ethical standards to the Police Department. The next day, the Town Manager gave me an ultimatum to either resign or she was going to fire me on the spot.
Because of the Towns actions, my law enforcement credentials have now expired. Because of this, I can no longer work in law enforcement in North Carolina or any other State and I don't have the money for legal representation. I am seeking funds to help me launch a civil lawsuit against the Town of Plymouth. The funds will cover the attorney's retainer and court costs. 
For more information please click here or visit www.FundedJustice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment