Monday, August 31, 2015

The ball is in my court...in Court.

Josh and I were married in 2009 and had our son Nolan, in 2010. (I already had two older sons from a previous marriage, Colin and Landon)  Things seemed to be going fairly well until I became pregnant with our son Keaton, who was born in 2011.  Josh was disconnected throughout the pregnancy, as he thought that we weren't going to have any more children after Nolan.  I suffered from postpartum depression after the birth of Keaton, which led to a very difficult 6 weeks following Keaton's delivery.  Josh, instead of providing me with love and support, provided me with divorce papers.  He also took our savings and checking accounts and emptied them, and opened new accounts in his own name.  I had no money.  I was on maternity leave.  I was begging him for money for diapers or prescriptions for our children.  I started a new job and started saving money to move out on my own with the kids.  As soon as the judge ordered a temporary parenting schedule, I moved out of our marital home into a small townhouse with the 4 boys.  At that time, I decided that I should really consider moving from Mundelein back to Saint Charles where I was previously living.  My older two children's father lived there and we were working well together to cooperatively raise the boys.  I was also much more impressed with the school district there, especially for Nolan who has a hearing impairment and wears hearing aids.  8 months after Josh filed for divorce; he began to tell me that he regretted his decision and wanted to put a stop to the divorce proceedings.  I told him that I wasn't interested in working things out with him and that we needed to continue to move forward with finalizing the divorce.  I also told him that I would prefer to move back to Saint Charles and have Nolan attend school there.  Josh agreed that the Mundelein school district wasn't offering the kind of program we wanted to see Nolan in.  In June 2013, I moved with the kids to Saint Charles.  In August of that year, Josh attended Nolan's evaluation and first IEP meeting at the Saint Charles school district.  The IEP team made their recommendation for Nolan to attend a 5 day a week program through their district that was much better suited for Nolan than the Mundelein program.  Everyone at the meeting, including Josh and I, signed the IEP saying we agreed. Nolan attended the Saint Charles Early Childhood program for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years.  Josh attended every IEP review meeting and signed his name saying he agreed with the plan of service. Around December of 2013, after 18 months of Josh trying to convince me to work things out with him (divorce was final by this time) I finally was able to make him understand that reconciliation was not going to happen.  During those 18 months, he had sent texts and emails professing his love for me.  He gave me 5 birthday cards on my birthday telling me how much he loved me.  He also gave me an infinity necklace for Christmas telling me that his love for me was "Infinite".  From the day that he finally grasped the concept that we weren't going to get back together, through this very day, he has done anything and everything to punish me and get back at me.  He has claimed to the court system that I moved to Saint Charles without telling him and that I signed Nolan up for the Saint Charles school district without his consent.  His attorney (attorney number 5 for him) has filed a motion asking that Josh be named residential parent and the kids would attend school by him.  Luckily, for me, I was able to get the complete file from the Saint Charles school district showing that he signed his name in agreement of Nolan's placement for the last 3 school years. 
We had a Guardian Ad Litem appointed to our case to try to come up with a parenting schedule that Josh and I would both be happy with that would keep Nolan here in Saint Charles.  He rejected the first recommendation and I accepted it.  Therefore, she revised it a little, giving him one day each week to take Nolan to school because Josh kept insisting that he wanted to be involved in the education.  Again, I accepted it and Josh rejected it.  The judge told us to follow it anyways, temporarily, until a permanent schedule would be put into place.  Last school year, Nolan missed 29 days of school due to his father's unwillingness to take him. This year, Nolan is in Kindergarten and has already missed 2 days out of seven due to his father not taking him.  Not only did Josh not take him to school on his third day of kindergarten, but he took him to a kindergarten in Mundelein that he registered him for and dropped him off for the day there.  Talk about confusion for Nolan!
We are now at a turning point where Josh is backed into a corner with his lies and his manipulation.  I have a $4000 Guardian Ad Litem bill that is staring me in the face and I have to be able to pay her the money very soon. 
I am asking for any little bit of help to be able to pay for this legal bill.  I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I just want to be able to raise enough money to pay for the Guardian Ad Litem and repay my attorney for all of her hard work and countless trips to Waukegan Courthouse to help me to do what's right for these two little boys.
For more information please click here or visit www.fundedjustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment