Friday, August 28, 2015

Help set my brother free

On August 10 at 11 a.m., our entire lives changed when two officers came to arrest my brother for a crime he didn't do. My brother was playing basketball near the location of the alleged crime and his friend, who actually committed the offense, falsely claimed the involvement of my brother after he was apprehended by the police. My brother is 17 and the friend, 16; the police, who first made contact with the friend, now unjustly perceive my brother as the mastermind simply because of his seniority over his friend. For this, my brother spent 16 days and nights in jail for something he didn't do. Our family finally bailed him out yesterday with all our savings. We are now seeking to find a lawyer but the market price for the case is in the neighborhood $20,000 ; this, for a family of extremely low income, is a justice forbidding sum, we simply don't have that kind of wealth. We know that we're asking for a lot but let me remind you again, that my brother is 17. He has an entire life ahead of him. He is going to be a senior this year after which he plans to pursue an engineering degree. The false allegations against him would destroy the future of the law-abiding citizen he is. We beseech all people to help us in our fight for justice, equality and freedom for my brother. Anyone that can help afford to our family will be met with unyielding appreciation.
For more information please click here or visit www.fundedjustice.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment