Monday, August 10, 2015

Fight Copyright Trolls and Stop Dallas Buyers Club LLC

I have been wrongfully included in a copyright infringement action brought by Dallas Buyers Club LLC, and Voltage Pictures.  They have accused me of downloading the film, even though I have never seen it.  In fact, I was not even home and could not have possibly downloaded the movie during the times they say I did!  I’ve done some research, and it turns out this is not the first time that Voltage Pictures has filed aggressive copyright infringement suits for downloading one of their films – they also filed hundreds of similar lawsuits against people who “allegedly” downloaded The Hurt Locker.  While I fully appreciate the fact that Voltage has the right to protect their films, the string of lawsuits against people like myself call for thousands of dollars in damages for a movie they sell for less than $20.

It gets worse: Apparently, the cost of defending myself is far greater than the few thousand dollars they will accept to settle.  But, the idea that I should pay a few thousand dollars for something that I am innocent of doing is something I simply cannot bring myself to do.  Therefore, I’ve decided to go down swinging and fight for my innocence.  I hope that when I beat Dallas Buyers Club of the frivolous claims against me, they will think twice about suing other innocent victims like myself.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to do this alone, which is why I've started this campaign.  Please help me collect the funds I need to retain an attorney who is capable of bringing to light the falsity of these claims.  All funds will go towards my legal defense, and with a victory in this case, I hope that I can bring a voice to the previously voiceless. 

For more information please click here or visit www.FundedJustice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment