Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Help to offset court fees.

My name is Kevin Boyd.  For the past five years, I have been a contract manager for the VA,  proudly doing what I can for those who have given so much for our nations safety.  I have also served in the Civil Air Patrol in our city as the Emergency Services Officer, prepared to assist those in need when needed.  
On Lanor Day, 2017, my wife and I decided to have an intervention with our then 16 year old daughter.  We had found out she skipped school, started smoking,  using drugs, and making heinous lies, one involving me.  When I confronted her with the rest of the family, she became disrespectful and confrontational.  We made the agreement to keep her in the living room to avoid her running out the door or upstairs to her room to lock herself in.  During the confrontation, she backed herself to the front door which was by the stairway.  I grabbed her by her hair and she collapsed to the floor.  My son panicked and called the police as she ran upstairs.  I was charged with domestic battery.

As a misdemeanor, I didn’t think it would be a major issue, but as I started looking into it, I realized it could jeapordize my security clearance and job.  It has also put me at a halt in Civil Air Patrol, which has devastated me, as it was my chance to serve my community.  
I am trying to get the money for a lawyer in a short amount of time.  I believe, with good representation, I would be able to continue being an asset to not only my family, but my community and peers. 

Thank you you for your consideration and donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment