Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bring Ryan Parrish Home

Hello My name is Jalee King and I'm the voice of Ryan Parrish. We are reaching out and seeking help for legal representation. Ryan can file what is known as a commutation Sept. 17Th 2017, this is him showing the parole board how much he has changed his ways and all the progress he has made. Normally He could file this on his own however he is more likely to be granted his parole if an attorney represents his case for him. Ryan is very loved by his friends, family and community. We need to pull together and make this happen, 15 years is long enough. I have posted a video of my speech to tell you a little about what's going on as well as Ryans words just below thank you so much for your time.

to my community, my friends, and my family. my name is Ryan Parrish. I am writing you today from inside a prison cell where I have remained for the past 15 years to say that I am sorry; sorry for the choices I made so very long ago that affected so many of your lives. it is my sincerest hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for the actions of a young and terribly misguided mind through a better understanding of who I was and who I have become. despite the unfortunate circumstances that led to my incarceration coming to prison was the best thing that ever happened to me in my life because it gave me my life back along with the hopes of a better future. I am serving a 27year prison sentence for 2nd degree murder, and though it was an accident it was the result of extreme negligence on my behalf. one in which I have a deep regret for. my had gotten so out of control. from drug and alcohol abuse, to daily thoughts of suicide. I had no insight into these problems nor the slightest idea how to fix them .my life didn't come with instructions and many of the instructions I did receive were entirely wrong. my childhood home wasn't the ideal place for a kid to be raised. my father was an abusive drunk and drug addict but even worse than the physical abuse at home was the sexual abuse by my pedophile neighbor harry keckler. my life went on like this for so long it became normal but when I got old enough to understand that it wasn't normal at all it crushed me. at about this time my dad was being released from prison and shortly there after he addicted me to methamphetamine and Canadian mist whisky and my uncle introduced me to the disastrous effects of crack cocaine. I had just turned 14. at the time I honestly welcomed the relief I got from being high but I was far to young to understand the devastation that comes with being an addict. I then spent the next 8 years struggling with addiction and petty crime to fund my habits until I was sent to prison were I have remained ever since. with much regret I admit I was a thief when I was young but I am not a murderer nor could I ever commit such a crime intentionally. I first met the victim in my case, Carl shearington when I was 17. he used to let us neighborhood kids party at his house. we all knew he was a convicted sex-offender who served time in prison for molesting three of his own family members but as kids we were just happy to have a place to hang out at. being a victim of sexual abuse myself I never denied the disgust I had for the man but I never had any intentions of harming him the night of the crime when the firearm I had accidentally discharged. I had reached such a low and desperate moment in my life I willing to rob a fellow human being just to to get high again. I was caught in a vicious cycle. my life had become a complete disaster and it was effecting me and everyone around me. two nights before this incident I put the same gun to my head with the safety on and I pulled the trigger as hard as I could to see if it would fire and I didn't but on the night of this crime it did and I never even touched the trigger. I must have broken something inside two nights before. I really don't know though. but something went terribly wrong and a man lost his life because of my actions. sadly I can't take back what I did but I have worked very hard to ensure that such a thing will never happen again. that's the very least that I owe to that man and his family. I have been a model prisoner since the day of my incarceration. I have since earned a paralegal degree and completed two college courses from central Michigan university and Saginaw valley state university for ' conflict resolution' and 'academic writing'. I have been in the garden club for two years learning horticulture for sustainable living, and I am currently training a service dog for people with physical disabilities and veterans with PTSD through the paws for a cause prison dog program. his name is drifter. he is a golden lab who is very smart when he wants to listen but he can be really stubborn sometimes; he reminds me of someone I used to know. shortly after my incarceration I began what came to be called the R.Y.A.N project. Ryan being an acronym for 'Reaching Youth About Narcotics'. through this personal project of mine I work with the youth who are incarcerated daily by sharing my experiences and lessons with them in the hopes that my story can help them to overcome their drug and alcohol addictions and the emotional damages caused by physical and sexual abuse. my dream is to someday turn this project into a community center where at-risk youth can go to receive help. for over 5,000 days I have sat in this cage where I have worked very hard to right my wrongs so that I can someday give back to the community that I once took from. if prison is still intended for punishment and correction then my sentence has been a complete success and the tax dollars wasted on my continued incarceration could be better used to reduce poverty or give a child an education. and if suffering, sadness, and loneliness were ever intended to be a part of my punishment for the wrongs that I have done then I can say with all certainty that this government has more than succeeded in its implementation of justice as I have suffered unspeakable cruelties since the day of my arrest. I have accepted these without complaint as I knew they were both justified for the wrong I had done and necessary for the changes I had to make. I honestly don't know if I could have made these changes on my own. thank you for taking the time to read my story and for any help that you may provide me in my efforts for an early release. God bless you and your families. sincerely , Ryan Parrish.

2 comments:

  1.   I am writing this on behalf of my son, Ryan Parrish#449440 and his family. Ryan has been incarcerated for 15 years now, he was sentenced to 27.5 to 52 years when he had just turned 22 years old. He had a lot of issues back then. He witnessed on numerous occasions while young his Dad beating and verbally abusing me. I divorced his Dad when Ryan was about 6 years old but his Dad then continued to try to brain wash him and tell him he was going to  end up in in prison just like himself since his last name was Parrish and that is what makes you tough. He also showed Ryan you could run from the law and that they would run away together. Of course, being young and influenced by him he thought at the time that doing the things he was doing would make his Dad proud of him. Over the years his Dad started doing drugs and drinking with him. He looked up to his Dad at the time but now realizes he wish he would have stayed miles away from him back then. Just for the record his Dad has now quit drinking and doing drugs and is doing well. Needless to say though, it had a profound affect on Ryan which in turn led to drinking, drugs and mental health issues. 
    I didn't know which way Ryan would go when he was sentenced but fortunately he made the decision to only work on improving himself in any way he can. He hates the person he was back then and how he hurt so many people. He has studied every psychology book he can get his hands on in order to better understand himself and why he made the bad decisions he did. He was asked and chose out of 1400 inmates to be front house porter, they asked him as you have to be a very trust worthy person because it consists of working in the control center. He also was asked to be involved in a conflict resolution course taught by Central Michigan University faculty and students who come to the prison. He loved the classes and received his certificate. He is now in what is called the honor wing as he was selected to be involved in the Paws with a Cause program. He just received his first certificate for the first dog he had for 4 months and now has the second dog. He had a hard time giving up the first one for the new one but knew he was going to a good place. He has always been an animal lover as myself. 
    When I go to visit the correctional offers always praise him to me and say he is a model inmate. In fact, one the female c.o.'s told me how great cleaning he did as front house porter and that he is the only one she calls by his first name. She also told me he doesn't belong there anymore. I am now very proud of the person he has become, something I always wanted to see as I knew he had it in him. Everyone that knows him are truly amazed at how he has changed. He tries to mentor others that come in to never make another bad decision. He say's " it only takes a second to ruin your whole life." When he gets out he would like to establish a foundation called the R.Y.A.N project which stands for reaching youth about narcotics.  
    He admits he needed to be removed from society at that time in order to get his life together and I'm so thankful that is the path he chose unlike some that just get angrier while incarcerated. He wants to be a contributing member of society and I know now that's just what he would be. Even I, as his Mom would not want him released if I thought for one moment he would ever even think to jeopardize his freedom. I know for a fact he is a total different person then the kid he was when incarcerated as does everyone else that knew and knows him. 
    Ryan has many job opportunities and support within his family. Please give this letter some consideration. 
    Thank You, 
    Sincerely, 
    Lisa McBride   
     
     

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to raise funds for an attorney to file a commutation. Every dollar counts, Thank You

    ReplyDelete