Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Disabled Veteran needs help with legal fees

My name is Matt Ridgeway and I'm reaching out about a situation that I find myself in, in hopes that people will help in this time of tragety. I am a retired (2012) disabled veteran (USMC) after 20 years 8 months and 27 days of active duty and I am on a fixed income (which is not very much). I have 11 children with 4 living at home with me and one in college, 3 are living with their mom and the rest are out and on their own. Recently my daughter Caitlin Emily Ridgeway was arrested for murder.
Here you have a 46 year old man with a 16 year old child at the time (possibly 15). Things happened, she was groomed and ended up getting drunk and awful things happened to her. Once I found out what had happened, I went to the Sheriff’s office and filed a complaint in Feb 2016. (Oh, just to let you know, this 46 year old man was a Sheriff’s Deputy). Nothing was done and the case was closed.
Recently, another case came up with child molestation charges with the same Sheriff’s Deputy with the same timeframe of another person. This led to the murder of said former Sheriff’s Deputy. My daughter and another suspect are currently in jail on open count of murder. It is in my opinion that this was not handled correctly from the beginning and that this could be a potential cover-up by the Sheriff’s office to not bring on embarrassment to the department. This Deputy acknowledged that it had happened and was let go for another reason not relating to this case. In my opinion not enough was done to protect my daughter as the deputy called 2 family members prior to the restraining order after being told to not have any contact with family members by higher authority and sent a photo of drugs and a gun as well during the same timeframe. With this high profile case with a former Sheriff’s Deputy being both suspected of child molesting and the victim of murder, I am asking for help with funding for my daughter to give her a chance to fight for herself.
All funding will go for my daughter and all legal fees associated with this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment