Thursday, August 24, 2017

Help me get justice for my daughter!

Hello, My name is Sajdah Sabree and my campaign is to raise money to hire a good family law attorney so that I can get justice for my daughter and myself. I need to appeal an unjust ruling of contempt in less than 30 days!
 I am a divorced single mother who has been given no justice in my custody case against my abusive  (mentally, emotionally,physically and verbally) ex husband.  He filed a joint custody case in New Orleans – I am a resident of New York- and was granted joint custody of our daughter although he was abusive to me during our marriage, ordered to undergo therapy and parenting classes, pays no child support, nor co-parents in any way. He was also granted a ridiculously excessive visitation schedule which he has NEVER exercised. In 2010 I left him with our daughter who was 11 months at the time. Since that time he has taken me back to court in New Orleans three times and each time the judge has sided with him. 
Recently in April 2017 he took me back to court for contempt and the judge passed a contempt ruling on me for not bringing our daughter to New Orleans to visit her father although I explained that I was no longer gainfully employed and he has sent no money to buy her a ticket of any kind.
My ex husband shares no responsibility for our daughter- he pays no child support, he has come to visit our daughter only five times (for less than four days each time) in her almost eight years of life, he is not involved in anything in her life and does not even call or Skype with our daughter.  
During his most recent visit in December 2016 he made such a bad impression that our daughter has told me she no longer wants to be with him alone.  She also has been refusing to talk to him on the phone since she was six, a point the courts in New Orleans dismissed because of her age. The judge told me during the last trial "she's seven, what does she know."
And so I ask you how can the courts give rights to a man with no responsibilities to his child and how can I get justice in a court that will not hear me?
Please help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment