Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wounded Warrior needs help with defense

My name is Staff Sergeant Haley Clover. I am active duty military soon being medically retired from the USAF. I am an OIF veteran and have served 10 honorable years in service of my country. I am an Air Force Wounded Warrior Ambassador where I travel and speak out against domestic violence and suicide. Most importantly I am a Mother of a beautiful 1.5 year old daughter. 
I have been in an abusive relationship with her father for three years. I have this documented for well over a year with family advocacy and mental health. I spoke to my command 15 August 2017 and asked them via text to secure a house on base for my daughter and myself to safely move into as I was finally ready to leave the toxic relationship. This was secret and was going to be done very fast to ensure both my daughter and my well being, as the most dangerous time for the victim of an abuser is when he or she leaves. 
Somehow my child's father found out about my plan to leave him. Within an hour of finding out he called the Police Department and told them I had hit him. Prior to this taking place he was screaming and yelling at me so I went outside and sat on the lawn to let him cool down. I do not know how they were able to determine if I hit him or not however, I was arrested simply for the accusation of domestic abuse. 
This was an attempt to make me out to be the abuser in order to get custody of our daughter. When I was at work last Friday he left the state with our daughter and went to Iowa.
I have contacted 11 different law offices to get consultations and advice. I know with this serious charge I need competent legal representation. The lowest quote I received was from an attorney I do not trust very well and that was $3200.00. The attorneys are 99.9 percent sure the case will get dismissed, but the amount due up front for them to lift a finger in my defense is $5000.00. It is a flat rate, but a high one. 

I cannot express enough that this case is all out of spite on the other party's end and despite being hurt and confused I am absolutely terrified. I have no where near that amount of money. It is also not easy for me to ask for help. But I will always do whatever I can for my daughter. I hope to amicably work out custody with her father but this is a serious charge and I have no hope of being able to do that with this offense lingering over my head. 

I sincerely thank you you for taking the time to read about my story and ask if you cannot help financially to say a Prayer for my daughter and me. 

V/r,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment