Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Please Help Fund Mike McCourt's Defense

My name is Tom McCourt. I am the third son of Mike and Sandy McCourt.
Me and My DadAll my life, I have admired and respected my dad's selfless, sacrificial giving to others. He has cared for the burdens of others without a thought for his own welfare or expense. He has given his time, his money, and even opened his own home to the homeless.
The tragedy of the current false allegations against my dad is that they have resulted from his efforts to help others.
My children love and adore their grandpa. The thought of them not being able to laugh and play with their grandpa is heartbreaking. In my dad's current state of health at 77 years old, jail time would be equivalent to a death sentence.
My Parents and My KidsMy parents have been married 55 years. Their marriage has been an inspiration and example to me and my wife in our 15 years of marriage. My mom would be devastated to lose their closing years together as the result of injustice.
My ParentsThis is not one of those things that you plan to save for. My dad and mom are semi-retired and live on a very limited income. Paying for an attorney is not something that is within their budget.
This year and a half court battle has taken its toll on my parents' health and emotions. We are asking for help to provide the best defense possible for my dad.
My parents have relied upon the strength of their personal relationship with Jesus Christ to sustain them through this trial. They trust Him no matter what happens.
"But even if You don't 
My hope is You alone." 
(MercyMe)
We are so grateful for the love and prayers and support we have received thus far. We ask that, if you have been blessed by my parents through the years, would you please prayerfully consider blessing them with your financial support for legal fees.
My Parents and My FamilyIf you wish to bypass the credit card transaction fees for online donations, you are welcome to send a check. (Message me if you need a mailing address.)

No comments:

Post a Comment