Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Victim to Survivor to Warrior

I left on May 4th of last year with $1.76 from a long abusive marriage. In order to keep my daughters from witnessing any more violence in the home, we packed up what we could and I left to a safe location out of state. Within days, he filed for divorce and has demanded that I return the girls ever since. Within weeks he found us. He threatened me and scared me so much, that we lived in a domestic abuse shelter for five months before finding a home of our own. Our home now has a security system with a security camera. 
I have gone back to school to finish my degree and will complete next summer, God willing. To go on to law school. 
We truly have been on faith walk with God as we follow where He has directed us. It has not been an easy faith walk though. Over the last year, I have had to battle with a full armor of God to keep my daughters and I safe. While he and his attorney continue to humiliate, degrade, drug court proceedings out for the last year. 
My girls are happy with their new school with wonderful staff, dance class with amazing teachers, church activities, Girl Scouts, and more. We had a few friends before here, now we have our hearts overflowing. We are just a few hours away from where we lived when I left the first time a few years ago. 
As I said before, I am in school. I now have a job. The girls and I thriving, healing, growing each day. It tickles my heart to watch them sit on the curb waiting for the ice-cream truck with the other little girls of the neighborhood. OR riding their bikes and eating popsicles. We love to be able to have our white fluffy puppy in our house to sleep with us and outside to play with us. 
Leaving was truly the wisest thing that I listen to God and follow to do. As we continue to grow and heal, the legal battle continues for us. My legal bills are continuing to get to a point that I cannot see the end. I am at the point where I need help. 

I am going to be having a yard and bake sale to help raise funds. I am looking to raise fund online too. 
Our largest battle will be coming up on August 16th. I have to be able to pay my attorney who is working diligently and very hard for us. She hasn't left my side yet and she easily could have knowing our situation.  She deserves to be paid for the work that she has done. 

If anyone could even donate $5.00 to help my daughters and I to continue to stay safe. We do not want to have to return from where we are settled and have a home now. Anything we can do to help fight this battle is so thankful. 
If you want to send a payment to her directly, please contact me and I will give you her information. 
If all you can do is say a prayer and share this request, I am very thankful for the most precious gift of prayer from friends. Prayers are very powerful in our lives. 

Victim to Survivor to Warrior
God's Armor 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment