Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"ILLEGALLY TRESPASSED"

Hi,
On Friday November 25, 2016 and Saturday November 26, 2016 I rode a bus into the Wichita Transit bus terminal in downtown Wichita, KS. I am an independent journalist and was planning to gather information about a story I was working on documenting what public officials do on public property, specifically a right to record matters that may be of interest to the public, and see if they respect the 1st. amendment authorized by the Supreme Court’s 1st. amendment ruling. I also attempt to expose civil rights violations where they exist and try to have them corrected and to see if public officials respect our 1st. amendment right to film in public. I had no major problems on Friday. On Saturdays ride in, I realized I left my 2nd. phone battery in my truck. I found out which bus route returned me to it. As that bus returned to the terminal, I videoed some stock footage for my story. Following is their total disregard and contempt about it.

 I was legally on public property, legally videoing a city public bus and driver, who months earlier in the year, said I don’t have her permission to video her. (1st.amendment right to video public officials including transportation, plus there is no expectation of privacy in public, according to the Supreme Court).she closed the bus door and wouldn’t let me enter; (14th, Amendment violation) (I have on my video). I got on closely behind the next passenger. She got upset and called bus security and said I was harassing her (because I had videoed her), (also on my video), which she stated her and others don’t like in her bus incident report), police called, they arrived, when he approached the driver in her seat, it appeared she winked at him; he talked to her, then to me. The officer said he didn’t know if I committed a “crime” when I asked him.  Some more talk, then my camera battery quit, then he went back to the driver, talked to bus supervisor, (over the phone), and said the driver was "uncomfortable" with him (me) being on her bus, I never heard her state the word “uncomfortable” (the supervisor was only told by the officer that I made her “uncomfortable”, and nothing about me videoing her. (There are omissions of facts in his and her reports). He/ they eventually trespassed me off the bus, city property, including the public sidewalk around the bus stop. The officer, then re-entering the bus and said to the bus driver “you know what he did/ or was doing was **legal**, then his video ended. I had to pay $25.00 to watch his body camera film and heard that. His video was previously watched by my chaperoned person, and said, “Listen to this last part”. (meaning the “legal) part)

Can redress with punitive damages be filed against any of the following? The Bus Driver, The Bus Dept., The Officer and The Police Dept. for violating my 1st. 4th and 14th. Section 1 amendments and censorship of the free press, by their shameful, disrespectful, malice, and wanton oppression, being a spectacle by making me feel like a criminal including the embarrassment on the bus, friends family ridicule, mental anguish, loss of sleep, worry and my dignity being abused by passengers on the bus and possibly more. Also the probable Section 1983 of title 42 of the US code.

Gerald (Jerry) Sutch
316-706-8147,
j.sutch@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment