Thursday, August 31, 2017

Help Bryant Cook raise money for wrongful sentence

Hi my name is Ariana Cook I am 23 years old and I am starting this campaign for my dad Bryant Cook. Unfortunately my father has been a victim of our prison system injustices. He was convicted on crack/cocaine charges conspiracy to distribute in 5/1997 . My dad was given a life sentence and he was not convicted with any evidence he was also lied on in  trial.  There is no reason he should be in prison this long when rapist and murderers are going free. My dad is not a violent man even in prison his record has been impeccable.

These are words from my father 

I had a winning issue I filed in my 2255 that was a "general verdict" issue. The judge ruled in my favor and then allowed the prosecutor to file a motion to alter/amend and the judge granted the prosecutors motion agreeing with the prosecutor that I failed to object to my jury instructions. The court knew it was wrong and somehow my attorney on my 2255 failed to timely appeal the most important appeal of my life, and the Sixth Circuit would not hear my appeal. I have not filed anything since then. I filed a late 60(b) motion after I found that the district court failed to rule on my discovery motion before making a final decision on my 2255 but the judge said that I was past the time for filing that 60(b) motion. 

There has been so much corruption with this case and I am looking to get help raising money to find a lawyer that will help fight this case and expose the injustices in how our minority's are sentenced.

He has been fighting this case for 18 years by himself . We would appreciate all help .
\

No comments:

Post a Comment