Monday, August 21, 2017

Help me fight for my innocence.

My name is Kirt Sober. I'm 40 years old and I reside in Alabama with my mother who is terminally ill and depends on me to care for her.  My mom is on a fixed income and I'm waiting for my disability hearing due to back injuries on my last job.
On August 2nd I was convicted of a crime that I did not commit. I'm currently waiting for the sentencing hearing which is on September 28. I'm facing 2-20 years in prison. Since my mom is on a fixed income and I'm waiting for my disability,  we couldn't afford an attorney,  so I had to use a public defender to represent me.
Today I spoke with an appeals attorney and explained my charge. He agreed I shouldn't have been convicted and said I have a great chance of getting an appeal. 
The appeal attorney gave me more hope than I've had through this process. The only problem is I can't afford to pay for the appeal. The cost for appeal plus attorney's fee is gonna be 8400.00. 
It's hard for me to ask for help but I have no choice at this point. I've always tried to be a law abiding citizen and I've never been in any trouble.  I'm afraid of what will happen to my mother, and  I don't want to go to prison for something i know in my heart I didn't do. I have 6 weeks left and I would greatly  appreciate help. I will pay it forward as soon as I'm able.
Thank you and God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment