Monday, July 17, 2017

8yr old girl needs daddy. Please help,



Hi,
I am a father of two daughters. One of which is 8 years old. Her name is Emma and she is very creative, quite sensitive and quite the jokester. She lives with her mother because I felt it was important for a girl to have her mother around to teach her to be a lady. 
Her mother moved them in with Emma's grandfather. Not long ago I was asked if Emma could stay with me while she was out of school for an inservice weekend. I of course said that she is always welcome. I get the reply from Emma's mom saying "good, I don't think my dad is very nice to her when I'm not home." You see, she is never around as she was working two jobs. This has always confused me as she lives with her dad and only has a car payment to worry about. This leaves Emma without either of her parents during the school week the majority of the time. Emma's mom recently quit the one job that actually had benefits, and was a daytime job, for her waitress job that is at nights and has no benefits.
More recently Emma told me that her grandpa busted into the bathroom while she was going potty, started screaming at her, then smacked her "really hard" across the face with a keyboard he had in his hand. This made me very angry as you may guess. I kept my cool and contacted the police. There was no arrest as a week or so had passed before I know about it and there were no marks. When I brought it to Emma's mom's attention she essentially dismissed everything and got defensive for her dad. She said she heard it was across the back of her head and he is just stressed out.
I feel it is time Emma comes to live with me. I have a pretty good job that I work 8-430 Monday through Friday. I will be able to be with her whenever she is not at school and can make sure she is not abused.
I live in Kansas and it is hard to have things swing in the father's favor. So I went to check out lawyers. I found that the retainer fee is on $4000 for custody cases. No one seems to offer in-bundled services. This is something I cannot afford, but I also cannot stand seeing my kid live in a situation that is less than what I can and am willing to provide her.
I appreciate your time, even if you can't help with money, maybe you can share this with someone who is willing and can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment