Monday, July 17, 2017

Free My Father/Innocence Project Fund

 In 2001, at the age of only 7 my whole world was turned upside down. My dad, who was not only Mr. Mom but my best friend was wrongfully accused of a horrible act and sentenced to a life without parole term in prison. His whole exsistence on this planet was to be the best dad he could and provide and take care of me in every which way he knew how & that he did until the system charged him with an inaccurate, unspeakable crime, ripping him away from his only daughter and entire family.
I am writitng to you today to tell you that, I need help, help in finally bringing him to justice and to let the world know that the system we face is corrupt and inconsiderate of the love and families they destroy every day. My father has been in the prison system for 17 years and he faces it for the rest of his life. He unfairly missed out on so many precious years with me, including my success in school, my marraige, and the birth of my 5 boys. Hearing my dad cry over the phone as I was about to marry the second most important man in my life because he could not be the one to walk his daughter down the aisle was among some of the most heart wrenching feelings I have ever known. After all this time, I finally feel a hope that wasnt there before. For him and myself. The chance for him to be able to see his daughter be the mother, and wife he always encouraged me to be, and for him to be able to see his precious grandsons reach their milestones and grow knowing they have a grandfather who loves them very much. There is out there, something known as The Innocence Project. It serves to help families and lives of inmates like my father, to acknowledge that within a wrongful conviction lies an innocent man. This will allow the oppotunity for my dad to be sent home, where he belongs. All that I have to do is hire a private investigator to get in contact with the woman who was responsible for his conviction, for this private investigator to put all the pieces together that have been scattered for years. She can finally tell the real story. It is considered biased and unethical for me to reach her myself and will be ruled out in the eyes of the courts. He is getting older every day, faced with the realization that he may die in there for no reason at all. He is becoming ill, and getting very little medical care. He suffers from inadequite meals, weight loss, pain, and sadness every day and as time goes on it will only get worse. I am a married, stay at home mother of 5, with only my husbands income. I try to send him money, packages, pictures, and cards as much as I possibly can but time is running out and if he doesn't come home, his life will be cut way shorter than needed. So, I am asking anyone who is willing to hlep an innocent man be free, a daughter be with her beloved father, a grandfather be with his granchildren, for justice to be served in a corrupt world to please if you can, donate to the cause as I am forever so grateful to you. I cherish every penny and even every kind word, or prayer. The money donated is merely for the private investigator to bring my dad home and bring a real humane justice to the courtroom. Again, thank you so much for all that you can do. ALL of my love to you and your families. Brittney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment