Monday, July 17, 2017

Wrongful conviction of single mother

My name is Mona fawaz. In 2009 the father of my children died of a tragic heart attack. In the same year, our home burned to the ground, leaving us homeless. On top of that, the state charged me with arson. Even though the Michigan state police concluded "there was no shred of evidence that pointed to arson". Apparently that decision wasn't enough for the prosecutor along with the detective that made multiple remarks and accusations in regards to my Muslim faith. This was the beginning of an eight year court battle, dragging my name and reputation through the mud. Throughout my eight year battle I was sentenced with fives years of probation. During which, the prosecution appealed this decision three times, and the outcome was the same. The fourth time they appealed, a new law stated that a judge can not go below the guidelines. By that time, I had completed two and a half years of my probation. So at the court, the judge sentenced me to two and a half years in prison. I was on my ninetieth day in prison when a new law stating that the judge is allowed to go below the guideline sentencing came out. Eight days later, I was released from prison. After I was released, an appeal was filed again. I went through three probation officers, all of which stated "never witnessed a prosecutor appeal the same case five times". I completed my five year probation and my case was closed. As I was packing my bags to go visit my son at his army base in Texas before his deployment, I received a letter from the same prosecutor stating that she successfully removed my judge from my case. The letter stated that she now has three judges in her favor assigned to my case. I now had to postpone seeing my son before his deployment. My family and I are beside ourselves that this nightmare has emerged. We are optimistic that we can get through this tragedy has we have in all of our past tragedies. I need your help with donations to hire an attorney along with a forensic fire investigator to settle this case. We ask for your prayers along with your donations during our time of need. Thank you very much for reading. And thank you for supporting my cause. Greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment