Thursday, July 20, 2017

Bring the Hooks Family Home

I am the wife, momma and step-momma of the Hooks family and am reaching out for help to bring our family back home.  About 3 years ago my family was torn apart.  Just after we found out my youngest son was on the way, my step-son was taken without notice out of state with the promise that he would not return. My husband and I left great jobs, cashed out 401Ks, sold many of our belongings and within 4 months with support from amazing friends and family relocated to a city we'd barely heard of to an apartment we'd never seen to start the process of fighting for my 8 year olds safe return home.
After an array of jobs, hearings, apartments, and the total collapse of my 8 year old's biological mother due to drugs, alcohol abuse, violence and neglect, the court agreed that he (and his little brother from another of her past relationships) be removed from her house all together returning him to my husband and we now have our little boy safely in our full custody.  We will be appealing the judge and going to trial in less than 2 months in the effort to relocate back to our home town and bring our baby back to his support system (which includes his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents - paternal, maternal and step, as his biological mother has broken ties with all of her family and my husband maintains those relationships as well).   

We are happy to be expecting the third Hooks boy in July, but the costs are racking up with the new baby, the trial and the potential move. We need to raise the money for the trial and moving costs prior to July 20th (when Baby Hooks is scheduled to arrive). This will give us the leeway to complete the final step in the courts and cover the costs of moving home once and for all!! 

Our family could not be more excited at this opportunity. My 8 year old talks non-stop about being back with his extended family at home, My husband looks forward to returning to his job at home (which is still waiting for him, thanks to his amazingly supportive co-workers and management) and completing his teaching degree, I am excited to be home with my closest support system and raise my boys in the community that I love and my 3 year old is just focused on becoming the best big brother in the world. 

This would provide the family with the stability we have been struggling to regain since our family was torn apart so suddenly. We could not be more grateful for your love and support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment