Thursday, July 20, 2017

PLEASE HELP US RAISE MONEY TO FREE JAMES

My name is James Mauldin. I’m 25 years old. I am currently a college student at Glenville State University, and I am incarcerated in West Virginia. On March 28th, 2014, I was wrongfully convicted for a crime that I did not commit. My live-in girlfriend at the time, Jasmine Dawkins, who fortunately had a paid attorney, gained sympathy from the jury and was only sentenced to 1 year in prison for the lesser charge. This was due to the fact that she lied about being a battered woman by me, and claimed of a broken jaw. She never provided the court with any documentation from a doctor saying that her jaw had to be wired. This was a fabricated story made up by her lawyer to save Jasmine from what she did. She abused my son who was not biologically hers, and sent text messages to my cell phone admitting to it. When confronted by the prosecutor concerning these text messages, my co-defendant blatantly lied 9 times on the stand, saying that she didn’t send the messages to my phone. The prosecutor knew that she committed perjury and stated in her trial, “Jasmine, what alien landed in your apartment to send those messages?” However, the jury still sympathized with her and acquitted her of the more serious charges. I could not be present at her trial at my public defenders request to defend myself. My trial came after 8 months of her acquitters. My public defender didn’t even call my co-defendant who was the only so-called witness in this case. I almost knew for a fact that the state would convict me because someone had to pay. I had the same judge and prosecutor that my co-defendant had as well. My habeas corpus was accepted by the same judge on May 2nd, 2016. I was appointed another public defender who was also not doing his job. He was arrested for pulling out a gun on some people at a boat dock. His name is Michael Santa Barbara. I am asking for any donations that you all can give me in order to hire a real attorney. I appreciate your time and all donations are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment