Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Give A Seven Year Old Time with Daddy

My name is Rhett. I am in a custody battle with my ex to get more time with my son. My ex-wife and I divorced when our son was two years old. He has lived primarily with her. When we divorced I moved out of the small town where everyone knew our situation. I moved to the metro area to find work. I accepted parenting time with my son for every other weekend, as the two hour drive between his mom and I was too much when he was so little. My ex then moved down also and we co-parented decently well for awhile. I then asked if I could have more time with our son, now that we were close enough together. She began pushing me out of my son's life and began to mentally manipulate him. I am trying to get equal parenting time, so that my son gets to spend a lot of time with both of his parents. I currently only get every other weekends, ten days in June and ten days in July, a week over winter break and every other Thanksgiving. I miss out on most holidays and have never gotten him on his birthday. His mom will not allow any other time with me. We have a court appointed advisor to determine what is best for our son, and there is no reasonable excuse for his mom to not give up some of her time to make it equal. We are very close to the end of our case but I can no longer afford my attorney to finish out. I need to pay him back the $5600 plus come up with $2000 more to finish the last two steps. I have tried to compromise with his mom to come up with new schedules and ways to transition our son to the new schedule and she will not work with me. I can't lose my lawyer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment