Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Mitch's mission for petition!

Hello, my name is Mitchell Savolt, and currently I am serving life without the possibility of parole for a crime I did not commit. Thank you for taking the time to look into this unbelievable miscarriage of justice which has resulted in me being incarcerated for the last 31+ years of my life. Please allow me to tell you a little about myself:
I was born in Bellflower, California and prior to my birth, my father abandoned me, my brother and my mother. I had a tough time growing up without ever having a father figure, or ever having the experience of calling someone "DAD". With the guidance of a loving and strong willed mother, I was able to overcome many of my academic challenges and childhood struggles.
In Junior high and high school, I participated in football, basketball, wrestling and baseball. After high school I became employed as a heavy equipment operator and welder at a sand & gravel plant. In my free time, I enjoyed water skiing, going to the beach and working on cars and all types of motor sports racing as well as just hanging out and spending time with my girlfriend. As a young man, making a good income, I was just enjoying life. Then in April 1986, the worse imaginable thing happened to me. I was arrested for a 1983 murder for hire.
In November, 1983, a murder occurred in Los Angeles, California. Shortly after the crime, an eyewitness provided police with a detailed description of the killer as being: a white female, 25-30 years old, 5' 5"/6" tall, 125 to 130 pounds and she had green eyes with freckles around the eye area of her face. Further investigation revealed that this description fit my aunt who shot and killed this victim. Then in late 1984, my aunt was arrested for this crime. During a preliminary hearing, the witness testified that it was in fact my aunt who shot and killed this victim. Then in late 1984, my aunt excepted a plea deal to manslaughter and received a six year prison sentence.
In 1986, my uncle was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) for driving under the influence of alcohol. This was his fourth or fifth offence. He was going to receive jail time for his offences. However, he told the officer that he had information regarding a murder his sister was in prison for. After he gave the CHP detective a statement, the detective took my uncle out to the prison where my aunt was incarcerated and let them meet with each other. It was at this time that my own family fabricated a false story involving me in this crime. This was all done to try to get out of the offences that they actually did.
After my arrest, the CHP detective then went to the only eye witness (Note: there is no physical evidence in this case) and he told the witness that he had made a mistake when he said that it was a female, and pointed her out in court…and they have the “GUY” that killed his brother-in-law in custody. The witness testified that he was in “shock” when the CHP detective told him he had made a mistake back when the crime occurred, but he was eventually convinced and allowed the detective to coerce him into pointing me out of a photo line-up some three years after the crime. It should also be noted that the LAPD officer that took the witnesses statement shortly after the murder testified that the eye witness never said that it could have been a male, he always stated that it was a female who committed this crime, and during a 1984 court hearing, testified that he was sure it was my aunt that killed the victim.
Since my conviction, I have discovered an abundance of new evidence that overwhelmingly proves my innocence, however, the courts have denied all of this and refuse to consider it. Recently, I contacted Eccher Consulting Company to consider the situation, and they have advised me to file a clemency petition to the Governor in hopes of correcting this injustice. In a recent letter, Mr. Eccher states “I have never seen or heard of a case like this before where someone was arrested and convicted, admits to the killing, and then gets twisted around to someone else”. My struggles against the court against the court system are like David vs. Goliath because I have never had the money to afford proper legal counsel.
Today it is my mission to raise the funds to obtain the Eccher Consulting Company to file a clemency petition to the California Governor to end this horrible nightmare I’ve been living the 31 plus years. My innocence is not a matter of speculation, but a matter of fact, and I need your help in my mission for a petition. Please help me prevent our judicial system from sweeping this injustice under the “RUG” and help me get the freedom I deserve.
Although I’ve been wrongfully convicted, I have not given up hope that justice will one day prevail. While being incarcerated, I’ve continued to stay positive and productive. I’ve overcome many of my shortcomings by the grace of God. I am involved in many self-help groups such as: AA/NA, Criminal and Gang members Anonymous, and I’ve graduated from the Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI) which is a four year bible seminary and I’m currently enrolled at Louisiana Baptist University. I am four classes short of my B.A. in biblical theology. I am also in the process of earning my A.A. in Drug and Alcohol Studies from a local college here in Blythe, CA.
I am painfully aware that a human being lost his life due to an unprovoked and senseless crime, and I’m deeply moved and empathize with all the tragic effects it has had on the victim’s family. However, it is equally tragic for an innocent man to be wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for a crime he did not commit. I would truly appreciate if if you would help me in my “Mission for a petition”.
May God bless you all.
Mitch Savolt
P.S. Thank you for taking the time to hear my story and helping me in my plight for justice and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment