Thursday, July 20, 2017

Oregon Injustice, Please help right the wrong

Raising money for my brother an appeals attorney. Our biggest mistake was thinking we could trust our so called legal justice system, our only intention was getting my brother the help he needed in dealing with his mental health issues. Victims surrounding this case are family members, the prosecutor had promised victims of a plea deal being offered, 2 years prison, 3 years probation with mandatory mental health, drug and alcohol treatment, the prosecutor then lied to the victims ... claiming that she offered my brother this deal on more then one occasion but he declined to accept the deal by saying that there is no way in hell he is going to prison, nothing more but dishonestly, my brother was never offered any deal leaving him no other choice but to take it to trial where he was denied his right to a fast and speedy trial, due process of law, they allowed a witness to testify at the trial without notifying my brothers defense who only had hearsay testimony to offer, they allowed one officer to offer testimony on behalf of another officer. The prosecutor had made numerous copies of the same text messages to make it look worse then it really was and that is why when she read one message out loud she would skip through a bunch of pages before reading the next, she had also stated that she hand picked my brothers case so that she could make him pay for something that he did as a child. I have personally never witnessed such injustice before in my life. They arrested my brothers girl friend in order to make her testify, they also threatened to take her daughter away if she didn't. When all said and done my brother was sentenced to 14 1/2 years in prison, 144 months with no good time and 30 months with good time. The State mental health evaluators claim that my brother mental state had no affect on his decison making, the mental health evaluators hired by my brothers attorney disagree but of course the court goes with the states mental health evaluation. How these overzelous prosecutors, judges sleep at night is beyond me. Our family has lost what little faith and trust we had in our leagal system. They violate the rights of citizens because they know that they can, without money, your powerless. We recently lost our 33 year old sister unexpectedly, my mother says that she has to live without her daughter because obviously there is nothing she can do to bring her back but she shouldn't be forced to live without her son too. My brothers children need him, they were so distraught after the sentencing hearing after statements made by the judge, he sat there telling my brother, basically what a P.O.S father he was, saying how he don't love his children and never has, a statement that just so happens to be the furthest from the truth, the judge also made them move to the other side of the courtroom, he wouldn't allow the kids to sit behind their father.... All I want is for justice. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong. Please help

No comments:

Post a Comment