Thursday, July 20, 2017

3 Kids, 10 yrs litigated into poverty, 5 yrs more

Hello. I am a single mom litigated into poverty non-stop for 10 years by the father of our three children. I went through four domestic violence shelters and received state safe at home protection, but like many women, the court did not protect the children. They have only recently been assigned Minors counsel, and so now I owe my own attorney $18,000 and the children's attorney $3000. I've got not available credit, cannot get personal loans, have no remaining assets, and am on food stamps and selling my clothes and shoes to make rent to house us. Each year my ex has sued me every quarter since 2006 when I left him, and court attorneys and required experts, child therapists, and evaluations has averaged $70,000 per year, which I've paid and borrowed from every friend and relative, straining all relationships against the endless tide of litigation as abuse my ex continues. My ex filed first with legal aid to create a conflict of interest 10 years ago with the county before getting private counsel, blocking me from any free legal aid I might have pursued. I'm asking for your donations, the kindness of strangers, to help us pay what's owed because my attorney filed pay or quit with court, and we still have proceedings in July to re-determine custody and support orders based on the input of the children's attorney and the PhD assigned. I can also provide the attorney names to have them paid directly if you are kind enough to pay our bills. I really can't say when this will end other than 2444 days until my youngest turns 18 (as of this posting). Please consider helping us. We are desperate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment