Thursday, July 20, 2017

Litigation issue while providing fair services

I am Fred. 3 years ago I decided to launch a company with 1 partner that would (1) help companies in emerging countries opening to the world, getting right advises while raising funds, (2) help companies developing following best practices, training staff and teaching international standards.
Our motivation was to help sharing knowledge and practices with the ones in emerging countries who are not well considered by developed countries ; we were charging reasonable (not to say cheap) fees on success basis to show our commitment to deliver successful services. For 2 years we could do our business, not living rich but living satisfied doing something Good.
However, 1 year 1/2 ago, a company in Lao PDR asked for a particular service: a consulting mission to acquire a telecom company and provide recommendations in terms of financing and reorganization for the acquisition to be successful.
For 1 year we help the company preparing the acquisition... for a fee to be paid of US30,000 after showing our results. 6 months ago, we finalized and presented our results ; the client validated our work and specified that, according to our engagement letter, my company would be paid.
However, as the acquisition transaction had to be stopped for governmental reasons, the client is now reluctant to pay our fee.
it has been 1 year and 1/2 that I am working "for free", and the only choice I have to be paid is to hire a lawyer to sue the cheating company. I have contacted a lawyer already (ZICO law Laos - possible to find the reference on internet), and the legal opinion is that I should be paid, however I need to pay around US$3.600 deposit to atart the legal process.
I have a family, I have no money and I need this fee to be paid to move forward... i am now turning to this crowdfunding solution because I have no solution.
i would be really grateful if people could help me solving this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment