Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Stuck in South Africa

Hi, I am Sylvia, 32, and this is my son, Benjamin, four month old. The picture was taken a few days ago. He has just learned how to sit!
I am actually German, but I'm directing my cause to the English-speaking audience as I couldn't find a German crowdfunding webpage for legal causes.
South Africa is a great country to travel and visit. I even lived here for a few years. However, I don't have support here as I am originally from Essen in Germany and all my family and friends are there. Benjamin's father is South African and when we broke up during the pregnancy I promised him to stay in South Africa for the birth, so that he can meet his son. That turned out to be the biggest mistake in my life.
He is now preventing us from leaving South Africa as I need his consent. I havent been able to work for almost six months, because I'm by myself and every mother knows that a baby is a 24-hour job. 
There is no governmental support structure in place. The father is paying $150 (€150) per month child maintenance. 
The legal cost that have incurred up until today run at about $6.5k (€5.8k). Three months down the line and it turns out that my lawyer gave me wrong advice. I have been fortunate to find a very passionate and experienced lawyer and one of the best Senior Child Advocates in South Africa that are willing to take on my case at a discounted rate, because they would like to help Benjamin and me, but I will need approx. $11k (€10k) to fight the case.
Please help me. I want my son to get the life he deserves and right now we are struggling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment